Friday, July 4, 2008

Trenton, Ontario on the TRENT SEVERN-WATERWAY

HAPPY 4th of JULY
We are headed to Trenton, Ontario and proceeding on the Trent-Severn Waterway to the Georgian Bay. We are tied up at Park Frasier Marina in West Quinte which is part of Trenton. Went to the A&P stocked up on groceries and found the Public library and wi-fi service. Met some fellow boater who are traveling the loop also. Checked into customs today with out any problems(no slap on wrist this year) and ALan stayed in the boat while I called them. THis is a bit confusing because in the states you both get off the boat and go to the phone and call. They video each one of you with your passport. I found out last year t in Canada that no one gets out of the boat except the person calling. We had pulled the boat out of the water and loading her on trailer when I called and I was reprimanded over the phone. HUM Felt like I was in school again. Bet I won't do it again. There was an immigration Ontarian judge right next to us that just laugh and said don't worry about it. Whew! I though I had a record now.

Anyway, we are legal and I intend to keep it that way. 

No comments: