Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Parry Sound-Rented car

Big Sound marina and the restaurant Parry Sound Grill where we ate.

Really cool rock sculptures on highway


I called up West Marine and they had the chip, so we rented a car and drove to Midland. We were on the 400 highway and I kept seeing these little rock statues or creations. They were really cool to see. I think there is a name for them, but I will have to research that. 
After we purchased the chip we took advantage of having wheels and went to the farmer's market here in Parry SOund and the supermarket. You have to take a taxi to the A&P or Sobey's for some real shopping. There is a small market here in the downtown, but I needed everything. The peaches were so good from the market that I went back and purchased some more. 

Parry SOund is a nice little or big town if you go outside the downtown area port. I would recommend it as a stop for all the boaters out there.  This weekend kicks off their summer music festival , but we are moving on to new territory this morning. Please keep in mind that serious grocery shopping is not close by. Taxi will cost you $8.00 each way to the A&P which is at one end of town and the Sobey;s and farmer's market is at the other. 

We have no real plans except in the direction of Kilnarney and depending on the weather. 

No comments: