Friday, July 25, 2008

Browning Cove-Anchored

We left Little Current and headed for Heywood Island off of Manatoulin Island. We anchored between Browning and Heywood . First we dropped the hook and tied off the stern to a tree on the island. We were pointed south(weatherman prediction of wind) and then realized it was going to blow southwest and a thunderstorm was coming. Since we were so close to the shore I told Alan to just jump overboard (notice I said him not me) and move the line to another tree. He didn't really think it was a good idea without the kayak, but he did it my way. WELL, when he dropped the stern anchor  in the water it didn't hold so I went swinging out AWAY from him. Now we had the bow line set so no danger of me floating down river, but he had to swim to the boat. He got his kayak and paddled back to shore and reset the stern line. WHEW!! 
We got all settled for the night and the clouds rumbled. Thunderstorm has arrived and neither one of us could sleep until it was over. Luckily it blew over fairly quickly. 

Well, we wanted adventure!!!

No comments: